I am Ei Phyo Mon who is working as an Administration Assistant in Spiceworks Myanmar Co.Ltd. Today, I would like to share about Leadership. It is one of the most important and necessary for the company, team such as organization.
Peter Drucker is meant what is Leadership?
According to Peter Drucker, “ Leadership is shifting of own vision to higher sights, the raising of man’s performance to higher standards, the building of man’s personality beyond its normal limitations.”
Who is a Leader……?
- One that leads or guides.
- One who is in charge or in command of others.
- One who heads a political party or organization.
- One who has influence or power, especially of a political nature.
Characters of leadership
- Needs support from all
- Assume obligation
Difference between Manager & Leader
- Oversees the current process well
- Must achieve balance
- Thinks execution
- Comfortable with control
- Problems are just that & need resolution
- Procedure is King
- Instructs as to technique & process
- Wants to create the future
- Needs to make change
- Thinks ideal
- Welcomes risks
- Sees problems as opportunities is patient
- Substance thumps the King
- Your best college professor
- High emotional intelligence
Importance of leadership
- Initiates action
- Providing guidance
- Creating confidence
- Effective planning
- Inspiration & motivation
Role of a leader
A Leader’s role is always to ensure his/her team achieves the task in hand, but an effective leader will also ensure they meet more subtle requirement……. :- like
- Strong focus
- Good engagement with others
- Looking at the bigger picture
- Organizational Clout
- Effective communication
Leading affects Morale
Leading is key to effective Communication
Leading effectively contributes more to the bottom line
#credit – www. slideshare.net